Wednesday 16 November 2011

why I believe that revival is coming to Ireland (part 1)

Now let me be straight up front: God never told me in an audible voice that he is about to send Revival to Ireland. I never had a prophetic dream or vision that would tell me that. God doesn't seem to communicate with me that way. So how did I arrive at this conviction that revival is coming? Let me share some of my personal experiences that played a part in it:

Three years ago, when I arrived in Ireland to start my probation period here at the Naz in Greystones I was asking God to confirm my call to Ireland. My family was still back in Germany at that time while I was checking out the place and asking God for guidance. It was such a risky move for me and my family. So many things could go wrong (and actually did go wrong later). So I wanted to be sure, to be sure. In my daily devotions I used a devotional book written by Henry and Richard Blackaby with the title "Experiencing God". God had used this book on numerous occasions to speak into my situation. Pretty soon after my arrival in Ireland I received an invitation from Dun Laoghaire Evangelical Church to attend a conference on revival (!). Who would be the speakers? - Richard and Henry Blackaby. Now that caught my attention straight away. I went to that conference and was really blessed by it. I got to meet Richard Blackaby in person and chat with him. The services were really powerful. That was a strong hint for me that God was up to something here. 

Some time later I received an invitation to a church-leader's gathering in a large African Church in Dublin. Again I went just to meet people and see what's happening. At that meeting I heard a speaker by the name of Tony Stone addressing the meeting. I really liked what he said and how he said it, so I got his contact details afterwards and wrote him an email inviting him to our church, if he ever was to come to Ireland. At that time I didn't know him at all. Later I learned that he was an evangelist who had worked on Billy Graham's team in the past and who preached to very large crowds in Africa on a regular basis. In 2010 I got an email from him telling me that he had been asked to speak in Dublin at the stadium and in St.Mark's church. If I wanted he could come to our church two days before that and speak at our place. Of course I wanted. So he came to our church and spoke on two evening meetings. A guy who usually has an audience of many thousand people came and spoke to 30 - 60 people in a small church in Greystones. What was his theme? - It was revival. And in one of his talks he said that God had spoken to him in a very definite way and promised him that he would live to see a powerful move of God in the UK and in Ireland. He was 72 years of age at the time. Another very strong hint for me that God was up to something. And that is not all. To be continued....



No comments:

Post a Comment